Major Chakra System
The 1st Chakra (Root) governs Physical Needs and Security
- Corresponding Color: Red
- Element: Earth
- Located: base of spine
- Glandular connection: adrenals
- Associated body parts: bones, skeletal structure
- Too open: bullying, overly materialistic, self-centered, engages in physical foolhardiness.
- Blocked: emotionally needy, low self-esteem, self-destructive behavior, fearful
- Balanced: demonstrates self mastery, high physical energy, grounded, healthy
- Incense/aromatherapy essential oils: cedarwood, patchouli, lavender
- Crystals: blood stone, tiger eye, garnet, ruby, onyx.
- Foods: proteins, meat
- Affirmations: I am connected to Mother Earth and feel the security of being grounded in the moment. I deserve the best life has to offer, all my needs are being met. My body is important to me and I nurture it constantly.
The 2nd Chakra (Sacral) governs Sexuality, Emotions, and Desires
- Corresponding Color: orange
- Located: lower abdomen
- Element: water
- Glandular connection: ovaries, testes
- Associated body parts: sex organs, bladder, circulatory system, prostate, womb
- Too open: emotionally unbalanced, a fantasist, manipulative, sexually addictive
- Blocked: overly sensitive, feels guilty for no reason, frigid or impotent
- Balanced: trusting, expressive, attuned, creative
- Incense/aromatherapy essential oils: Jasmine, Rose, Sandalwood
- Crystals: citrine, carnelian
- Foods: sweet fruits
- Affirmations: I trust that all is well. Creativity is flowing freely through me.
The 3rd Chakra (Solar Plexus) governs Power
- Corresponding Color: yellow
- Element: fire
- Located: between navel and base of sternum
- Glandular connection: pancreas, adrenals
- Associated body parts: digestive system, muscles
- Too open: angry, controlling, judgmental, superior
- Blocked: insecure, fearful of being alone, worrier, overly concerned about what others think
- Balanced: has personal power, respects self and others, spontaneous
- Incense/aromatherapy essential oils: bergamot, cinnamon, ylang ylang
- Crystals: yellow citrine, golden/yellow calcite
- Foods: complex carbohydrates (starches, use whole foods), yellow foods
- Affirmations: I own my personal power. I accept myself exactly for who I am.
The 4th Chakra (Heart) governs Love, Forgiveness, and Compassion
- Corresponding Color: green
- Located: center of chest
- Element: air
- Glandular connection: thymus
- Associated body parts: heart, chest, lungs, circulation
- Too open: possessive, loves conditionally, overly dramatic
- Blocked: fears rejection, loves too much, feels unworthy to receive love, self-pitying
- Balanced: compassionate, loves unconditionally
- Incense/aromatherapy essential oils: rose, bergamot, melissa
- Crystals: aventurine, watermelon tourmaline, Jade
- Foods: green vegetables
- Affirmations: I am lovable. I love unconditionally. I love myself for who I am. Other people deserve my compassion.
The 5th Chakra (Throat) governs Communication
- Corresponding Color: blue
- Located: centrally at the base of the neck
- Element: ether
- Glandular connection: thyroid, parathyroid
- Associated body parts: throat, ears, nose, teeth, mouth, neck
- Too open: over-talkative, arrogant, dogmatic, self rightuous
- Blocked: holds back from self expression, unreliable, holds inconsistent views
- Balanced: good communicator, contented, finds it easy to meditate
- Incense/aromatherapy essential oils: chamomile, myrrh
- Crystals: lapis lazuli, sodalite, turquoise
- Foods: lemons, limes, grapefruit, kiwi
- Affirmations: I am speaking my truth. What I say is worthy of being listened to. I listen to and acknowledge the needs and wants of others.
The 6th Chakra (Third Eye) governs Intuition and Reasoning
- Corresponding Color: indigo
- Located: above and between eyebrows
- Element: light, telepathic energy
- Glandular connection: pituitary gland
- Associated body parts: eyes, base of skull
- Too open: highly logical dogmatic, authoritarian, arrogant
- Blocked: fearful of success, tendency towards schizophrenia, sets sights too low
- Balanced: charismatic, highly intuitive, not attached to material things, may experience unusual phenomena
- Incense/aromatherapy essential oils: hyacinth, violet, rose geranium, patchouli
- Crystals: amesthyst, purple apatite, sapphire
- Foods: none
- Affirmations: The answers to all my questions lie within me. Imagination sparks my creativity. I trust my intuition.
The 7th Chakra (Crown) governs Spirituality and Understanding
- Corresponding Color: violet, gold, white
- Located: top of head
- Element: thought, cosmic energy
- Glandular connection: pineal gland
- Associated body parts: upper skull, cerebral cortex, skin
- Too open: psychotic or manic depressive, frustrated, sense of unrealized power
- Blocked: constantly exhausted, cannot make decisions, no sense of “belonging”
- Balanced: magnetic personality, achieves “miracles” in life, transcendent, at peace with self
- Incense/aromatherapy essential oils: lavender, frankincense, rosewood
- Crystals: clear quartz, white jade, diamond
- Foods: none
- Affirmations: I am who I am and glory in that. I attune with my higher power. I am a unique, loving, radiant being.
(Liz Simpson: The Book of Chakra Healing)
Major Chakra Location
Minor Chakra System
Minor Chakras are energetically powerful acupoints that are “reflected points” of the seven major chakras having similar properties to their more illustrious counterparts. There are 21 Minor Chakras distributed all over the body. These 21 are further grouped into 10 bilateral minor Chakras that correspond to the foot, hand, knee, elbow, groin, clavicles, navel, shoulder and ear. These are about 3 inches in diameter and are 1 inch distant from the body.
Hand and Foot which are linked with the CROWN chakra
Elbow and Knee which are linked with the BASE chakra
Groin and Clavicular which are linked with the BROW chakra
Shoulder and Navel which are linked with the THROAT chakra
Ear and Intercostal which are linked with the HEART chakra
Minor Chakra Location
Comments on: "Major & Minor Chakra System" (6)
I am new to chakras and am taking in a lot of different information about them. I noticed that the text in the “Minor Chakra System” doesn’t match the graphic at the end. The Brow and Clavicular Chakras have their bodily counterparts switched. Could you tell me which is correct: the graphic or the text?
Hello, the text is accurate, and thank you for the observation! Blessings John.
Could you tell me please which crystals, fragrances and sounds are associated with the minor chakra points?
Hello, the answers to your question will be in a future post! Thank you ~
Thanks – awesome! Comprehensive and accurate
Thank you! I was looking for some information on the minor chakras.